Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Designer to work closely with the Design and Production staff to create and maintain high quality game play experiences. The Senior Designer is responsible for collaborating with the rest of the design team, artists, and engineers to ensure their experiences are functional, fun, and meet with the needs of the design leadership. This position will also work with the QA and Playtest groups throughout development to address critical feedback and make sure their experiences play and perform as intended.
- Work with designers, gameplay engineers and content teams to implement experiences using proprietary tools.
- Design and implement vignettes and features that bring the open world to life and realize the vision of design leadership.
- Balance experiences to create gameplay that is fun for diverse play-styles.
- Help create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, and Programming.
- Investigate and resolve game play issues identified by QA or team members during daily play through.
What do we require from you?
- Previous experience using Lua (or equivalent scripting language) a plus.
- Engineering or technical background preferred.
- 5+ years of game design experience required.
- Experience working on open worlds preferred.
- Passion for game design.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, has initiative to learn with minimal direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of the action/adventure and open world game genres.