Monolith Productions/WB Games seeks a Sr. Technical World Builder to help our environment team create an amazing world for our players to explore. They should be a self-motivated individual who is excited to work with a talented team to create a compelling game experience through their expertise at environment construction. This individual will have strong communications skills with an ability to clearly provide feedback to both internal and external partners on the projects aesthetic and gameplay goals, technical requirements, and construction metrics.
- Leverage our proprietary and 3rd party tools to develop environment layouts.
- Work with the design and art leadership to realize their aesthetic and gameplay goals.
- Create or assist in the creation of assets that require specialist knowledge.
- Create and extend workflows to improve the environment team’s efficiency. This could include Python, in both Houdini, and Maya, along with standalone scripts and internal proprietary tools.
- Support the content team in debugging issues with the game, tools, etc
- Level Streaming setup and implementation.
- Optimize Levels for performance and memory.
What do we require from you?
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of progressively complex related experience in the industry.
- At least 2 published games preferably with at least one Xbox One or PS4 title.
- Experience with AAA open world game development a plus.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua, C# or equivalents) and shading languages/networks. Experience in C/C++ is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the requirements for modern global environmental pipelines.
- Houdini knowledge.
- Strong understanding of rendering budgets and other technical constraints related to performance in real-time engines.
- Previous experience creating high quality environment assets that meet metric and technical requirements. Including but not limited to:
- The ability to develop terrain with an understanding of geology, rock formations, terrain, and foliage.
- Model structures with understanding of a variety of architectural styles with an ability to apply knowledge from historical references.
- Create environments using modular and procedurally generated systems.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to new or changing technology with an interest in finding ways to evolve and improve the environment creation pipeline.
- Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Excellent ability to self-manage and accurately predict and adhere to task length estimates and deadlines.
- Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas both written and verbally.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating fundamental foundation art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.