What part will you play?
Monolith Productions' Core Technology Team is expanding its Graphics group to include an Advanced level engineer specifically focused on the technical challenges associated with Lighting. This person should have an in depth understanding of modern, real-time Open World rendering systems and experience working in the latest graphics API's. As an Advanced Systems Engineer on our Graphics team you will work closely with the Technical Directors and the rest of your peers in the Graphics, Tech Art and Lighting groups to develop state-of-the-art graphics technology for the PS4, XBOXONE, PC and any new platforms we adopt.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both Graphics specific and general engineering systems. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
This job will require collaboration with our Graphics department's Technical Director on issues of technical design. You will also work closely with our senior technical artists, lighting artists and other content development experts on requirements gathering, iteration during feature development and subsequent support of systems in your domain.
The Advanced Systems Engineer - Graphics will also work closely with his manager and production to help identify all dependencies and develop and maintain realistic schedules.
What do we require from you?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware.
- Designed, implemented, optimized and maintained major rendering systems for a published game (preferred).
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations.
- Experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GCM, etc.).
- Experience developing for either XBOXONE or PS4 (preferably both).
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred).
- Experience developing first or third person action games (preferred).
- Experience architecting large, robust systems utilizing pragmatic solutions.
- Experience with Compute/GPGPU.
- Expert level knowledge of 3D math (preferred).
- Experiencing mentoring other engineers.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge technology.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
- A deep understanding of the game development process and workflows of various disciplines.
- Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games.