Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games is seeking an Advanced Software Engineer, Pipeline to join the team behind Shadow of War!
Monolith Productions' Core Technology Team is expanding its Pipeline group to include an Advanced level engineer specifically focused on the technical design and implementation of our new Open World Pipeline. This person should have an in-depth understanding of modern, real-time Open World content generation pipelines. Along with their peers in on the Engine, Rendering, World and Technical Art teams, they will develop new pipelines enabling creation of a single scalable, stream-able contiguous open world that players can immerse themselves in for our next big gaming innovation.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both tools specific and general engineering systems. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
This job will require collaboration with our Pipeline department's Technical Director on issues of technical design. You will also work closely with our senior technical artists and other content development experts on requirements gathering, iteration during feature betas and subsequent support of systems in your domain.
The Advanced Engineer - Pipeline will also work closely with his manager and production to help identify all dependencies and develop and maintain realistic schedules.
- Design, author, maintain and refactor code that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with Pipeline Lead, other Core Tech engineers, Senior Technical Artists and other content development experts to identify elements of the content development pipeline in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new tools technologies.
- Coordinate with content development experts during controlled tools BETAs, then work with QA and to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team(s).
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of new tools and features.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
- Review the work of other engineers and mentor them to improve their knowledge and skills.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Expert level understanding of the workings of 3D design tools (level editors, modeling tools, etc) in general and in depth understanding of modern, real-time, Open World content generation pipelines in particular.
- Experience architecting large, robust systems utilizing pragmatic solutions.
- Expert level knowledge of 3D math (preferred).
- Experiencing mentoring other engineers.
- Expert level understanding of HCI / UX (user interface / user experience) concepts.
- A deep understanding of the game development process and workflows of various disciplines.
- Microsoft Visual C++/.NET development environment.
- Highly motivated to build easy to use, robust tools.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge tools technology.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team development environment.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading tools technology.
- 8+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- 5+ years of MFC or Win32 GUI development experience (preferred).
- Experience developing Windows tools for 3D games (preferred).
- Experience working with artists and collecting requirements (preferred).
- Supported development of a multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred).