What part will you play?
- Work with Director of Art, Director of Technical Art, and Engineering staff to continue to develop an efficient, scalable toolset that delivers facial animation at the highest quality possible.
- Create high quality facial animations for in-game presentations and real time cinematics.
- Work with Production on project dependencies, scheduling and management of scope capacity for the Facial Animation Team.
- Regularly attend cross discipline meeting to understand project goals and dependent partners needs.
- Review project specific face animations across all in game presentation systems on a regular basis to ensure optimal implementation and high quality output.
What do we require from you?
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years working as an animator in the entertainment industry with a focus on facial animation
- 3+ years as an animation lead or equivalent leadership role.
- At least 3 shipped AAA titles.
- Experience in mocap animation pipelines.
- Experience working in modern facial animation pipelines
- At least 8+ years’ experience with industry standard 3-D animation package (3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, and Maya)
- Deep understanding of FACS based animation analysis and implementation (Example Faceware).
- Strong understanding of facial likeness capture and scan processes including light stage, photogrammetry, HMC and hybrid approaches.
- Deep knowledge of facial topology, anatomy and rigging solutions to best support both automated and individually authored performances.